Friday 11 April 2014

Pain right breast prior to my Dental volunteering trip

Soon after I moved to Oxford I was due to go to Peru. I volunteered to go as a Dentist via Dental Project Peru.
Just before my trip I had a great shooting pain, electric like only lasting for a few seconds kind of pain thru my right breast. I thought to myself maybe I should go and have it checked but I couldn't find any lumps so I wasn't so concerned. I also thought if I was gonna get any cancer it will probably be skin cancer as thats what my mum had but mainly I thought I was strong person, young and there is no chance this could be cancer. So instead I went on my  3 weeks, exciting and challenging Dental volunteering trip to Peru. 


Here are some pictures from my wonderful trip:


Lovely but very shy kid 



This is one of the villages where small group of us dentists, dental nurses, guides and drivers stayed. 
We met some lovely and kind people there They' ve not had any dental care for some time and were really pleased to see us 



Me giving out toothbrushes and toothpaste
























    Our dinner for that evening .....











This Dental Project Peru trip must have been one of the most rewarding ones I have had by far. Instead of going to one of those trips where you re sitting around the beach, sipping cocktails, reading book etc etc  this trip gave me a sense of achievement, I felt I ve done something really good. If you ever get an opportunity to do something like this Id strongly suggest you do it. 
I only wish I ve done some more of those in my life. 


No comments:

Post a Comment