Friday 11 April 2014

Found a lump - Right breast !

Everything was going great. I was in a relationship with this wonderful man called Rufus who I loved very much so. However we had our ups and downs but than again are there any relationships that are smooth sailing ? especially when you meet someone in your late 30s ? We all have our emotional baggage that we carry around by than. 
Anyway I was very happy with my life and I thought life couldn't be better.

Than in July 2011while I was having a shower I found a lump on my right  breast, size smaller than walnut. My partner Rufus could feel it too. I thought to myself how convenient just before our trip to my homely Croatia ! This time I went to my GMP who was very good and prompt in referring me to the breast clinic. He asked me if I had any pain and I said no, only once in nov 2010 I had a shooting pain before my trip to Peru. It happened once. I didn't think anything of it. He said it's best to have it checked so I did few days after I came back from Croatia as thats how long it took to get an appointment.
While I was away I tried not to think about it all too much. However it was hard not to !






When I came back from Croatia I went to the hospital and yes they could feel my lump. My consultant said it might be good to check it and offered me to choose either ultrasound or biopsy straight away. Knowing from dentistry degree biopsy can be more accurate test … I opted for biopsy. I waited for results for about half an hour, the most stressful 1/2  hour I must admit and I was told it's reactionary node. What on earth was reactionary node so my consultant explained it might be a node that's not gone down after cold virus infection. She sounded convincing and I bought that theory. I was booked for review in two months time. 
Time has gone passed and both me and my partner could tell that it might have grown slightly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment