Thursday 24 April 2014

End of 2013 - Its all about moving really


November was pretty much all about moving to my parents while under going chemo and in my good days looking for a new place to live a little bit closer to the hospital.
I ve stayed with my parents initially but travelling to and from chemo through the central London was rather like a hell. I was tired from a long chemo sessions. I d have my bloods done, they would insert a little cannula at  the same time as I had no picc line (I was really glad about that I must admit )
and than I d wait to get my results and if all good move onto chemo. This would take around 4-5 hours waiting around the hospital.
Facing a long traffic jams through central London afterwards was not great. Even though my parents live only about 8 miles from the hospital it would take us around 1 - 1 1/2 hours to get home ! I guess it tends to get busy on the approach to christmas as well ! So I decided to look for somewhere closer to hospital to live.

My chemo was going really well but my platelets would go down really low and I would need to skip occasional treatment. I was once border line transfusion but resting and not doing much helped my bloods pick up a little.
I was still on emotional roller coaster from the end of my relationship and also adopting to London life for the second time now.

In December I finally found a new place to live and my parents helped me move. I really felt sorry for them. I ve moved a lot in the past few years and they were always there to help me with it. I guess they were exhausted from all of this as well but hardly ever complained.
I ll always be so grateful to them.

So in December I started living London life yet again ....





No comments:

Post a Comment