Friday 18 April 2014

May 2013 - discharged post reconstruction but not right


Early May 2013 I was finally discharged from the hospital with one stubborn drain that was refusing to give up. I still had a lot of fluid building up under skin and draining. Few days later they ve decided to remove it as amount for drainage was getting less and less.
This is where slight complications post op had started. I was getting really bad seroma (fluid build up under the skin) around my lower back. Now that drains were out they were hoping fluid would find its own way around the body but each day became more uncomfortable. I almost felt like I was sleeping on a water pillows! 

Photo of my "water pillows":


You can see little dots 4 or 5 of them on my back, just below the swelling. This is where they were draining fluid from manually with a huge needle and NO local anaesthetic !



I guess I was skinny and fluid collection under the skin was causing it to stretch and hurt as a result. So I had to have it drained for the next 2 months or so. Well until 4 th of July ! 
Initially I had it drained every week, twice a week and than a month later every week ! Both sides !

I slowly started to recover but my back still didn't feel right. It was so difficult bending forward or should I say it was almost impossible bending forward !
However, both me and doctors have put it down to body / muscles readjusting. 

Scars across my back and front were healing nicely by now. 



And Ive tried my first bra as well ! It fits my "iron boobs" rather well ! I call them Iron boobs as they are so muscly !





No comments:

Post a Comment