Friday 18 April 2014

April 2013 - Slow recovery from my plastic surgery


My recovery was really slow... I couldn't move out of the bed in a first few days. Pain was so bad all over my back. I guess that was expected as a huge chunk of muscle was taken off and twisted around to the front to reconstruct those boobs !

This was the thin muscle and its cleverly made into breast like shape by using sutures:






Because the pain was actually so bad for a few days, even a slight movement in the bed would make me scream at the time despite of morphine I was on ! I still couldn't get up and I was ever so grateful for urine catheter 
I was so angry with myself for going thru such a surgery ! Because the pain was so bad I was angry at my new boobs as well ! Couldn't even bare to look at them. 
I had to keep them covered with thick gauze to keep them warm for a blood supply to reestablish. Nurses and doctors would come every few hours to examine the surgery scars and commented at what a good job my plastic surgeon had done but I just couldn't look at them at this stage. 
When the pain eased off, I started walking around a little. However I always felt like this alien who has a huge cable arms coming out from lower back.  Those were my drains that they had to keep to stop fluid from building up under my skin. I had 6 of those!
So finally what was supposed to be max 3 day stay it turn out to be nearly 10 days stay in the hospital. mum would come day time to visit me and bring some food as sometimes hospital food was not the best and Rufus would come in the evening to keep me company for a few hours after work. 

After day 5 I pushed myself to get out of the bed but my back didn't feel right ! it felt really strange.

Those are my post op pictures:


Still in the hospital :






No comments:

Post a Comment