Friday 11 April 2014

19. October 2011 - officially diagnosed with BC !

 


I was booked to go on 19th Oct 11 to get results of my initial pre surgical biopsy. This would tell me type of the cancer, its aggressiveness etc etc 
Luckily Rufus took a day off and came for consultation with me so I wouldn't go alone. I was ever so grateful that he could be there with me when i needed him. He held my hand all the way in the waiting room and also when we went in to see consultant. I thought to myself I ll be ok as long as he's holding my hand. 
My lovely lady consultant confirmed my worst fears and she said in a sad voice that I had a breast cancer. I nodded my head as to say yes I know.

So I was officially diagnosed with breast cancer and all the ‘glorious’ details about it ! It had to be the most aggressive type of hormonal cancer !

Ive cried a little and we spent about an hour discussing treatment plans with my surgical consultant. She asked if I wanted to have reconstruction done at the same time as surgery as my whole right breast was just about to be removed. At the time I had this manic rush to get this cancer out of me. I didn't care what i was gonna look like. I just wanted to get rid of this nasty lumps of cancer out of my body as soon as possible.

So surgery was arranged for 24 October 2011. Two days before my birthday ! Am I the lucky one !

No comments:

Post a Comment