Tuesday 15 April 2014

January 2012



This was very uneventful month really. My body seemed a little better with chemo as if its getting used to it. Tiredness is getting to me more. There were days after my chemo when I couldn't do anything at all. I couldn't read, walk or talk. Even being in bed was difficult. Irritabilty with treatment was noticeable in the first few days of chemo whilst my mum was with me. I would snap up at her for no valid reason really.

In january I spoke to my oncologist about BRCA genes and was referred for genetic testing. There seems to be a lot of cancer in our family. Mum had melanoma in her early 50s , grandad had lung cancer and really smoked himself to death in his mid 50s, mums aunt (paternal aunty) had breast cancer so it seems like a reasonable thing to get myself tested for BRCA genes
Test were gonna be done towards the end of my chemotherapy treatment around March.

2nd chemo summary:


  •  Little bit easier than the first one
  • Total hair loss was very upsetting
  • No vomiting this time :-) just sickly feeling nausea
  • Slight constipations from my changed anti sickness medications.
  • Slight facial redness after chemo
  • Also I forgot to mention after each cycle Id get Filgrastim injections to boost my immune system, increase production of immunity / white blood cells
Little bit about Filgrastim:


Total hair loss:



At least I still had my eyebrows and eyelashes for now !


No comments:

Post a Comment