Friday 11 April 2014

26. October 2011


It was my birthday but I certainly didn't feel like celebrating. 
Mum had gone into caring, looking after me mode. Plenty of food shopping from my ‘big fridge’ ! Thats what me and Rufus called supermarket next door to my flat, plenty of cooking, pampering from my good old mum. Not sure how I would have managed in my first few days without her!
Rufus would pop around to see me when he could after work and email me every day from work to make sure i was ok.
I was given a lots of exercises to start straight after surgery so I could regain the full mobility of my right arm. It was difficult looking at my body each morning, seeing a big scar across my chest ...

This is me post surgery minus one drain: 
A birthday present I didn't ask for!     




It felt a little easier now that the surgery was over. Before i was discharged my surgeon told me she got all of the cancer and it all looked ok. However I was still facing a long  anxious wait until I see her again for the results of my biopsy and to find out the extent of my cancer. The wait was absolutely nerve wracking and my days were filled with tears ! I d cry myself to sleep each night…

No comments:

Post a Comment