Friday 29 August 2014

Scan Results


My scan results are not as good as I hoped. There is a slight progression of disease in my liver and also they think that Ive got some new lessons in my pelvis. They said there could be flare up response on the first scan and they ll be doing the next one in 6 weeks time.
I had my 4th chemo - immune yesterday and am feeling slightly more tired than usual. I went for my monthly denusemab injection and even though it was 20-25 mins walk to the hospital it was very tiring. Luckily my mum was with me. On a way there I got a phone call from my doc about my CT scan results.
When we came home I had to have my 2 hours sleep again this afternoon. When I woke up I could see my mum crying. Crying that we didn't get the good news, news we were longing for.
I can just imagine when she goes home tonight she will be crying more.

Apart from the tiredness my appetite has reduced, probably due to bad news I had today but also due to my uncertain future. This little Latin saying came to my mind when my doc was explaining about my scan:  Mors cetra, hora incerta which means " Death is certain, only the time of its occurrence is uncertain"

I feel like I could stay in bed and cry for days ...

Anyway this is the report from my CT scan:






Also my basic blood results like haemoglobin, white cells, platelets etc remain unchanged really but my transaminase, transferase and various enzymes which indicate liver damage seem to have increased since the last time which isn't a good news really ! Is my liver packing up and leaving me ?


GT was 95 - 144 normal being (5-36)
AT 86 - 110 normal being ( less than 36)
AT 34 - 46 normal being ( less than 41)
AP 105 - 150 normal being (35-104)

All this is making me feel depressed or down but Ive got to try and show brave face in front of others, especially my parents.

After all Ive seen this little banner on my way from the clinical trial centre:


.... and it says

 " A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and goes to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do"

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry it wasn't the news you'd hoped for. Don't give up, keep fighting.... You are so strong x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Danielle. It's an illness that's often very difficult to stop but I ll keep on fighting. It's exhausting but got to keep going
    Thank you again
    Lots of love
    Dani

    ReplyDelete