Monday 18 August 2014

My 3rd MSB0010718C Infusion


I had my 3rd infusion of experimental drug called MSB0010718C for solid tumours. Its all much the same as previous ones. Ive been feeling more sleepy due to intravenous drowsy antihistamines so Ive more or less slept straight for two days. Ive been feeling more achy and my liver seems to have swollen a little bit more. I ve seen my doc prior to infusion and my 6 weekly CT scan will be on 27th august. She did mention that I should expect things to get worse due to reaction to the drug before they get better. So we will only know the real results in about 12 weeks from the start of the trial.
Even now I wondered if she was simply trying to reassure me in case things turn up to be worse on my CT scan. I guess I ll see what the near future will bring but its the waiting for scans and results thats the worst. This is something that is all too familiar to us cancer patients.
My bloods seem to have improved but my HB and red blood cells are still a little on a low side. I suppose my body had been smashed, kicked about and completly weakened by number of chemotherapy drugs so now its struggling to produce essential little things.
So these are the latest results:






However, some of the things have marginally improved while others have stayed the same.

Each time I visit the clinic people want to talk to me and remember me!  We ve become this little community full of hopes for extended life we so much crave for. Everyone is interested in how other people are doing and if things are getting better. Talking to each other definitely helps. There are few that I absolutely love chatting to and its really lovely to see them each time. They all seem so positive in such a bleak and horrible reality we re going thru.

Aside from my cancer, last week was fun and sad at the same time. I had a few friends visiting, one of which Ive not seen for nearly 10 years ! So its been rather lovely catching up. Sadly her younger sister had to go through ordeal of breast cancer treatment as well but luckily she is all clear now.
On a slightly sad side, it was my ex relationship anniversary last week. Even though I had some major blows from my ex, there were some good times too. So like most of us, you tend to remember good times only. So even though it made me sad that Im no longer with the person I fell in love with , I had a giggle to myself remembering some funny things we used to do together.
The rest of the week was uneventful really.

I went to pick some of fresh produce from a farm. Its a real treat for us Londoners I tell you ! So I ll be doing a lot of juicing this week !



I think Im in for a real treat with such a lovely fruit and veg 



Also this little veggy drawing made me smile:




No comments:

Post a Comment